March 6, 2011

Scavenging & then some

Doing these scavenger hunts has really gotten me out and taking more shots, as well as encouraging my creative streak- I like to come up with things that aren't always the obvious choice for the prompt! This week the hunt added another learning opportunity- vocabulary. Do you know what a diptych is? Any ideas?

Yeah, I had no clue.

1. Diptych- Apparently a diptych is a "Work of art consisting of two panels that are hinged". Who knew? Well, I had trouble with this one, and ended up creating a 4 panel piece, but hopefully it counts!



2. Book- I know, I know. This isn't a book. However, right outside of the image you would have seen the book I was about to pick up. I love lazy mornings spent reading and sipping cappuccino- cuddly puppies or kitties also help!


3. Fill in the Blank: When I think about how fuzzy Copper is in the spring, I just have to sneeze. Seriously- you can spend hours grooming this little beastie and the hair just keeps flying. It has gotten a bit warmer here, so he is shedding like a beast and still sweating, so I shaved a strip down his neck and belly to help release some of the heat, but had to give up after that- I simply couldn't stop sneezing! Poor pony!


4. Taste of Italy- Besides being delicious, strawberries also start out with these delicious little flowers. When Mr. Pony and I were in Italy the last two times, we enjoyed the tiniest, most flavorful little strawberries ever. In a recent frenzy of planting, we added a dozen tiny little strawberry plants to our home and look forward to reliving Italy every time we pop a little berry into our mouths!


5. Reminders- Spring is around the corner, and the flowers are popping up everywhere! The bright new colors are a welcome change from the drab gray of winter!


Stop by Ashley's blog for some amazing images and join in yourself! Next week's prompts are:

1. Vanishing Point
2. Square Crop/Format
3. Under
4. "Welcome to the Jungle"
5. Calm

14 comments:

Catherine said...

Love your cute pony ear and the pretty reminders that spring is right around the corner!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Love your 'book' image :) Great shots!

deb duty said...

Love your creative interpretations! The strawberry flower is my favorite. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

what a collection of great shots! :)
-JBenz

Jan said...

Very interesting results to the prompts.

Melissa said...

I like your book(less) image, that cappachino looks so good.

Tara said...

Great collection! I love them all!

Gretchen said...

Lovely collection! Your book shot is making me want a cappuccino... great interpretation!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Those little pink flowers look like microscopic orchid flowers - lovely to see spring on the way isn't it.

Ashley Sisk said...

These are wonderful - I especially love your last three shots!

Teresa said...

Those are all wonderful. I just love the heart in the cup. I am so envious of your green and flowers.

julie said...

Great shots! I really like your book shot & the story behind it - creative! :)

Unknown said...

Love your taste of Italy and Reminders! Great shots!

Barbara said...

Such great shots - love the 'book' one! :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails