March 9, 2011

Spring!

In keeping with ABC Wednesday's letter of the week, H is for hairy! Who would have thought that my pretty vine would start out with fuzzy pods instead of leaf buds!?



Small things like this make me happy. Not only do I not have to replant something else this spring, but I get to enjoy another year of my beautiful plants! Speaking of which... did you know that even if your chrysanthemum looks totally dead, there is a chance that it actually isn't? The instructions I found online last fall said to prune and deadhead, which I thought  I did. Apparently, I just did a small trim and they wanted me to take nearly everything off! This spring, as I was about to toss out last fall's 'dead' plant, I noticed green leaves poking through. After a serious haircut, my new plant, though much smaller than last year's glory, is alive, thriving and ready for summer!


And for the first time ever, I'm linking up with Leigh's Wee Bit of Me Wednesday. Head over and see what other bloggers have to say!





{one} what color is your kitchen?
Valspar's Green Tea Leaf


{two} do you have a good luck charm?
not really- I just keep mementos of lucky things that have happened to me!


{three} do you prefer to write with a pen or pencil?
depends on the kind of paper- for thin or handmade paper, I prefer pencil; for anything else, pen


{four} can you use chopsticks?
only for a little bit- longer if they are the kid's kind that are attached at the top!;b


{five} do you prefer baths or showers?
on a daily basis, showers win, but every once in a while I love a long, soaky bath


{six} what is your favorite salad dressing?
a delicious mix of olive oil and kalamata olives


{seven} can you sing the alphabet backwards?
I have never needed to and most likely won't try!


{eight} do you have any allergies?
just to life! I'm pretty allergic to cat, dog and horse dander, as well as environmental allergies to plant pollens and hays. Good thing I don't have any of those animals and they don't eat hay, right? Wait....


{nine} crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
creamy


{ten} have you ever hitch hiked?
definitely not! Bad things always happen to the small female hitch hiker, so I'm not taking any chances! Plus, I'm too intent on planning trips to depend on the kindness of strangers.

5 comments:

Bonnie Kenaz-Mara said...

Cool shot. Can't wait till everything starts budding here. It's still snowy winter up our way.

Misfit in Paradise said...

Cats, creme brulee, and horses! A perfect trifecta (I can ignore the tomato). Thanks for sharing your H entry.
Donna - ABC Wednesday

Roger Owen Green said...

I wrote about hotchhiking not that long ago - I did throughout the 1970s, but not lately.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Unknown said...

So funny "H is for Hairy"

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

hairy is a tickling word, well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails