March 18, 2011

Green

The sight of green life pushing through last fall's leaves gives me a surprising sense of contentment- the world and our lives keep on changing, but the seasons keep going on reassuringly. As spring wakes up around me, I've found that simply seeing a budding branch or freshly opened flower makes me smile contentedly. I love everything green and growing and fresh.

Click it Up a Notch


I'm having moderate success with outdoor plants- my pretty climbing vine is coming back to life, going from this


 to this.

 

So how come most of my houseplants end up as ornamental garbage?

That would be because I've never bothered to learn anything about growing stuff. Hmm... you can't just toss it in the ground and wish for it to grow? Boo. Now I find that I should embark upon another learning experience- gardening!

No, I'm not going to be completely garden crazy {time??}, but I'd like to make the plants we have happy, and possibly get a few more established around the house. I'm searching the web for reliable sources of gardening know how for someone who kills plants instantly isn't a green-thumb.

Until then, does anyone out there in the blogosphere have any gardening tips for me? Seriously folks, I'll need all the help I can get!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I didn't know nothing about gardening for 5 years ago and now I love it. Still I don't know much but I try and I make mistakes so I learn. Good soil, sun, fertilizer and water and everything grows:) Thats how I make it in my little backyard and we have very short season here in Finland.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wonderful photos!

Mira Crisp said...

Oh, I am not good at growing stuff myself either. I would say it takes some talent that I do not have. :)
What is the purple plant/flower? I like the first photo with two white "floweres?" at the top.
Thank you for stopping by!

Shannon said...

I love your signs of spring post. It's so nice to see after a long winter. Thanks for linking up!

Tara said...

Love signs of spring, you captured them beautifully! The purple is gorgeous. Thanks for linking up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails