March 13, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I was on top of the hunt this week- by Wednesday night I'd gotten all the shots I needed. So I've been tapping my toes waiting for Sunday morning to get here so I could post this baby! I hope you enjoy and make sure you stop by Ashley's blog to see all the amazing images linked up with this week's scavenger hunt!



1. Vanishing Point- Mr. Pony, in his diligent search for quality and ethical ingredients, found a place for us to get raw milk for less than a bajillion dollars a gallon, and we are now inundated with creamy milkiness. Since we have a bit more milk than we need, Mr. Pony decided it was time for some gelato. See why I keep him around? Anyway, he based our delight on David Lebovitz's recipe, and it really is amazing. It brings to mind wandering the side streets of Rome with a mini gelato spoon in hand, marveling at the flavors of both the food and the culture... Oh Italia:)

2. Square Crop/Format- Spring is in the air, and these flowers were too fresh to pass up!



3. Under- Chowder and Pepsi really do get along quite well. She yowls and carries on when he is playing with her, but when he walks away, she bounds after him, tail crooked, asking to play some more. She was a bit confused as to why there was a mesh monster separating them in this shot, but they were soon reunited, have no fear.


4. Welcome to the Jungle- We planted a pretty vine of some sort last year (it has purple flowers?), and it really looked dead to me this spring. However, today as I was snooping around I noticed these adorably fuzzy flower/leaf pods sprouting! Welcome to the beginning of the Pony family jungle!!

5. Calm- Chowder really likes his new bed. So much so, in fact, that catching him sitting still on it is pretty hard. He would much rather pounce on it. And spin in little circles. And swim across it. But sometimes he actually sleeps on his bed, giving his parents a few moments of calm.


These challenges are a great way to get the creative juices flowing- feel free to stop by Ashley's blog and join in! Next week's prompts are:

1. Camera Phone
2. Camera
3. Shoes
4. Chair
5. Imperfection


Join in the fun- it is a great way to look at photography with more creativity!

19 comments:

Bel said...

Love the spring flowers!

deb duty said...

I'm impressed that you were done by Wednesday and your photos are awesome. I love the dog and cat playing together and the gelato sounds wonderful!

Jan n Jer said...

Love all you photos...you have a good eye!!!

Unknown said...

Cute puppy and kitty, and great jungle shot!

Catherine said...

Very nice shots this week! Chowder is so cute sleeping on his bed!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

LOVE your square crop! Beautiful!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Great job this week! Love the colors in the square crop

Shannon said...

Great SQ shot and Jungle shot!

Ashley Sisk said...

Nicely done - I really like your square crop. How beautiful.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Love all your pictures. Love the one of new bud popping up. Can't wait for spring to come to our part of the world. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/03/car-parts.html

Marla said...

Wonderful shots. I love the square crop one. It's so pretty. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Teresa said...

Great shots! I especially love the budding tree.

Kara said...

love the colors and DOF in your sooc sunday shot!

julie said...

LOVE your square crop...so pretty & your under shot is so cute!! Very creative :)

Sweepy said...

Woof! Fun takes!
Can Chowder and Pepsi join me on my bday next week?

Kat Sloma said...

Oh, that flower/sky shot is heavenly. I love it and it makes me long for spring in Oregon. Thanks so much for linking in to Exploring with a Camera!

Ray said...

Love your square crop!

Seizing My Day said...

love the blossoms!! ours are peeking out now... the trees are starting to bloom! come on spring arrive so we can look forward to summer! ha ha!

the cat and dog chases that happen in our house are funny... and yet... sad... poor kitty!! =) Our puppy/dog has very little mercy!! ha ha! He is gentle but he wants to wrestle!

Unknown said...

Great shots! Love square crop, under, and calm. Sweet puppy and kitty!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails