March 3, 2011

Caramel- A Snapshot

My daily trudge/bike to work is made slightly more energetic by my every-morning cup of cappuccino. Of course, being high-maintenance as I am, I insist on flavored syrups to put in said beverage. And, of course, being the food snob that Mr. Pony is, he insists on making them:). So for the next several days, I get homemade caramel syrup for my coffee {and chocolate... and Italian sodas...}.


I'm a fan of sugar crystals in almost any form, but these turned out so pretty I just had to share! Plus I love that the processing + my pretty lens gave the background such nice texture! This was what I started with:)


For this shot, I converted the original to black & white in picnik. That left me with a slightly boring gray & white image that I wasn't totally happy with, so I clicked on their cross-processing tool, left it at 100%, and tada! I have discovered another processing toy that I really like! {My other favorite is their seasonal 'Winterize' button}.

I also discovered that Mr. Pony is mentally incapable of saying the word caramel without a ridiculous French {or so he claims} accent. A little embarrassing? Yes. But if he continues to make me caramel, I shall overlook his eccentricity. :)

Also- this shot would not have been possible without the fantastic support of... my new tripod:). She makes taking macros, even in the horrible light of our kitchen, a snap! Take a bow, beautiful.

Would it be really odd if I named my gear? It seems like the camera should get a name of her own...
 

and then, she {snapped}

The Daily Wyatt

9 comments:

Little Hatchlings said...

wow! crystals captured! How amazing is that? A "Frenchman" who makes and serves his own caramel? Mr. Pony sounds divine!

Photography said...

Nicely done!!

Kristen Laudick said...

Awesome! Love it.

Unknown said...

How spoiled are you? :) Great photo!

Anonymous said...

I vote for naming in all circumstances!
(although I haven't named my camera yet. It's really tragic)

I LOVE your edit! The colors are terrific.

rachel said...

great editing! I really love it, and now I'm craving a yummy latte...

and go ahead, name your camera, my daughter did...and she's just a little bit weird. ; )

Courtney said...

Oh fancy! Homemade syrups! Nice :O) I love how you were able to capture the water dripping off the spoon!!

Courtney said...

P.S. I love the idea of naming your camera :O) I have thought about naming mine as well :O)

Daogreer Earth Works said...

I have named my car and my computer, I see nothing wrong with naming your camera, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails