March 21, 2010

Project Complete!! {ish}

Have you ever had a piece of furniture (or clothing, or whatever) that was just off? I have.
Well made, quality wood, excellent detailing. Plus he was free- he had a couple dents on him, so his previous owners gave him away. Despite all his obvious attractions, I have never been sold on this unfortunate sofa table. At one point, I made him a suit to make him prettier, but that really only works for about 1.5 months out of the year {I am that serious about Halloween, thank you very much}. The solution?

Spray paint!

Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch semi-gloss black, to be exact. I highly recommend it for home projects. The only issues I had using it came from my inexperience using spray paint, not any issues with the paint itself. But I digress.

Several coats of paint later, and following a lovely innovation from Mr. Pony {shelves are amazing!}, we now have this in our entryway!!

Much better! And quite a bit more functional, once I find some nice baskets for shoes and such. And remember those details I told you about? The spray paint covered them just fine!



I'm much happier walking into our home now- it looks more grown-up with this chic piece of furniture:) {not to toot my own horn or anything;)}. Added bonus is that this completes #37 on my 101 in 1001 list- refinish or repaint furniture we already own or used furniture. Huzzah!

And another one gone
And another one gone
Another one bites the dust
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
Another one bites the dust 

- Queen






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails