March 9, 2010

Midorita- midorlicious!

Yes, I know its Tuesday. Work was rough- I deserved a drink! Recently I picked up a small bottle of Midori (a melon liquor, for those not in the know:), and since I hadn't opened it yet, I thought I'd mix up my regular favorite {Marge and I are good friends} and make a Midori Margarita. I'd love to say I looked this fabulous drinking it


but I suspect that dress costs more than my wedding dress did, so I had to content myself with feeling fabulous after drinking my concoction:). The Midori provided recipe is:

1 oz Midori melon liqueur
2 oz tequila
1 oz margarita mix
Blend with crushed ice and pour into margarita glass. Garnish with lime wheel.

I don't own margarita mix- they aren't hard to make without it. Really. So I just use equal parts lime juice and tequila (the Pony bar currently stocks 1800), 1/2 that amount of the Midori and sugar to taste, and thoroughly enjoyed my Midorita. 

Mr. Pony had a dirty martini. He and Mr. Bond can keep those things on their side of the cocktail table- blech. 

I hope everyone had a good night, alcohol related or otherwise!

They speak of my drinking, but never think of my thirst.  - Scottish Proverb

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails