June 16, 2009

So... what now?

*
For the past year, I've been rather obsessed, in a non bride-zilla manner {I hope}, with our wedding (pictures forthcoming). Hours of planning, crafting and needless worrying culminated in a wonderful day- yes, there were hitches, but in the end it came out wonderfully. We said yes to each other, our friends and family were there, and then we got a kick-ass party afterwards for us all to celebrate together, and that was the point of the exercise! But now I find myself wondering where to focus my extra time... I've always been a planner- I planned our trip to Europe in 2008, I've planned multiple trips for my father, and then the wedding for 2009, and I've enjoyed all of it, but... There isn't anything else coming up.

My recently wide open free time indicates that it is time for me to find a new hobby {apparently there are sites to do this for you???}. I'd like to pick up a hobby that will help me live in the moment, rather than focus on events that are months away. I do have a fat pony languishing in the background who may need to be put back to work- nothing is more immediate than riding an overweight and probably cantankerous equine companion (nor is anything more immediate than hitting the dust when you and said equid part company after a few twisty leaps). However, being an equestrienne is an expensive hobby, so I'd like to find something that won't put Mr. P and I even deeper in the hole.
**
It just seems like I've reached a point where I need to add something new to my repertoire; a new trick for the 'old' dog, as it were. So Mr. P suggested photography, and I think I may give it a try. I always 'ooh' and 'aww' over the snazzy shots of others- why not add my own to the mix. Last weekend we had have a photo shoot with my equine brethren (color them unimpressed), and tomorrow Mr. P and I will wander the {moderately pretty} campus of Central Nowhere University to take faux artsy shots. Next up- learning how to use GIMP, PhotoShop, or some other pointlessly complex editing program. *shudder* Maybe I'll just get the picturing part of it down first!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

*photo by me- I was in the Aran Islands, and the Irish people have fun with signs
**photo from Old Picture of the Day Blog- some really interesting shots!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails