June 29, 2009

Ah... the memories...

Its amazing how the little things can take you back to a magical moment{s}. Yesterday Mr. Pony made a fabulous Herbes de Provence chicken with a scrumptious (and healthy) Provencal gratin, and looking at the chicken reminded me of last May. We spent a week in Paris, and even though that is leagues away from Provence, the chicken reminded me of the rotisserie chickens we'd buy on the streets and pull apart with butter-soaked fingers by the Seine. *le sigh* We spent a few moments reminiscing on the bemused smile of the shopkeeper as I clumsily asked for chicken and potatoes en francais- at least I was trying!- and on how much we wish we could get those potatoes, roasted in chicken juices, from the markets here in the U.S.Isn't it amazing how the simple things, without a mile being walked, can take you halfway across the world for at least a few minutes?


Not all those who wander are lost.- J.R.R. Tolkein

*all photos by me (or my roommate/travel-bud)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails