June 18, 2009

A bit of this and that

Food is a wonderful thing. Food is also in the top 5 of 'Why I married Mr. P' (I think general affection might have made the list as well). On Sunday he made me spicy sesame chicken with spicy crab rangoons (both Mr. P's recipes!). Delicious fried goodness *drool*. We ate beyond repletion, and it was glorious. I attempted to take some pictures of the food- bear with me, I'm new with a camera;)
To continue our Indo-China food week, on Tuesday night we had pork vendaloo, which was fantastic as well, though by that point I was getting ready to eat some potatoes instead of rice! Mr. P had never made an Indian dish before, and we both thought it turned out very well indeed. We've made the commitment that we'll try out at least one completely new recipe every week- we end up in a food rut if we don't, and since we love food so much, doing the same things over and over again is just not acceptable! The sesame chicken isn't a new recipe, but we haven't done it for several months, and the vendaloo was completely new, so it was nice to break up our routine again. You should try it- it makes for a much more satisfying meal time experience (changing things up that is, though the recipes made for a tasty meal as well!).

There is no sincerer love than the love of food. - George Bernard Shaw

*all photos by me

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails