August 26, 2009

Fall

Crisp morning air. Sunbursts of leaves. Tantalizing scents of apple cider and hot chocolate. Oh Fall, how I miss thee. And once more, living in Central Nowhere, I shall mourn thy absence. {dramatic mournful pause}

But seriously- we don't get fall here, so I may have to force myself to feel my usual autumnal thrill by any means possible. Step 1) buy apple cider scented candles and place strategically around house. Step 2) accessorize home with seasonal decor. Step 3) alter seasonal shift of current climate to do exactly what I want. Wait. Scratch that- steps 1 and 2 will probably have to do for now. Maybe I'll make this easy and start with a wreath on the door- if I move too quickly towards seasonal decor, Mr. Pony may scent my need to buy prettys and attempt to hide my purse. {the hunt begins}

from twoinspireyou

from BHGfrom BHG {with a DIY tutorial}

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. - George Eliot

*photos from Etsy and BHG

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails