August 16, 2009

Books and flowers galore!

*
As hard as this may be to believe, I can obsess over things that are NOT in any way related to our house. It takes effort, but I try to be normal once and again. My newest obsession is starting a new reading list- between work, wedding, house-hunting and moving, I've gotten pretty slack on my bookworming. I recently found out that one of my favorite authors is about to publish another entry in a wonderful series!


**
Diana Gabaldon's Outlander books are quite arguably my favorite non-Harry Potter books out there, so I'm excited to read the new one. Its been a while since I read them, so I'm starting in on them again in preparation for the release {on September 22) of An Echo in the Bone. If you even moderately enjoy historical fiction with a touch of fantasy thrown in, you ought to read these books. They aren't for the faint of heart- the author knows how to write a lengthy tome- but the result is a very engrossing read!

***
Other than books, I've become obsessed with pretty flowers. Ok, a confession must be made- this does relate to our house. I want to put pretty things around our house- the previous owners let the landscaping go a bit down the crapper, and I yearn to rectify that issue. The newest fascination is Little Gem Magnolias. They are gorgeous, evergreeny bushes with lovely white flowers, and having them around my house would be dreamy. The sucky part? I'm supposed to wait to plant them until early spring. *sigh* I think I'll focus on my library and book list- huzzah for immediate gratification!

A home without books is a body without a soul. - Marcus Tullius Cicero

*photo from tinuviel's Flickr Photostream

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails