May 16, 2009

L.O.V.E.


Or in this case, M.A.C. I recently went to The Big City (TBC) and found a M.A.C. Cosmetics store and, quite literally, went to town. I've never been a make-up wearing kinda gal- I own horses, I spend a lot of time outside, I'm a tomboy. However, I'm also a bride-to-be AND the wedding is now *13* days away. What does this mean? Oh yes, I should learn how to do my own make-up!


Now, for those of you who, like me, have not spent a lot of time practicing the art of make-up application, let me tell you this- 13 days is NOT enough time. The intricacies of eye liner alone are enough to make one tremble, which is not conducive to a thin, non-raccoon like lines! However, the artist at the M.A.C. store was very patient with me and did her best to help, and I walked away after spending a criminal amount on make-up.

Strangely enough, buying this more expensive make-up has actually made me want to wear make-up more. This isn't a guilt reaction to spending more than was judicious on pretty eye colors- the stuff honestly just feels better when I wear it. Its like buying Sofft shoes after a lifetime of Payless- you feel the difference, and suddenly can't go back. In a very strange way, stopping at M.A.C. helped me reach a MUCH deeper realization than make-up normally allows. Having the ability to spend money on quality goods made me appreciate what Mr. P and I have earned together- yes, I spent more than I should have, but the fact is we can afford it. We can afford to buy quality foods, but nicer shoes and yes, even purchase a lovely home. We have money set aside for a rainy day, we can easily afford to care for my pasture ornament ponies, and we each get to have some 'fun money' every month to blow on frivolous pasttimes. Maybe my purchases only go skin deep, but wow is it nice to be able to make such a choice!

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. -Christopher Morley

*picture from this site

1 comment:

avaserfi said...

Criminal is right!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails