July 20, 2009

Painting= hard work!!

Mr. Pony and I recently closed on our first home.


Mr. P was very noble in his celebration.


I was less restrained with my enthusiasm.

Of course, my exuberance did not long outlive the initiation of taping. Have you ever painted a room? Not just painted, but really, carefully, painstakingly painted to perfection? Well, that is what we are doing, and can I tell you that it sucks?



Of course, Mr. Pony does the physically hard part (in his fashionable, just shorn denim cut-offs-*sigh*) - I do the taping and detail work, mostly because I am a wimp. But in the end, the finished product of the work was fantabulous! These pictures are of our master bedroom, and the color is Valspar Universal Umber. The paint worked went on really well using the Wagner TurboRoll. I highly recommend it for indoor painting needs. The cleanup takes a while, but if you are going to be using one color for a large area, then it definitely makes the painting go much faster!



Of course, after that we had to do the laundry room and the kitchen/dining room, which came out splendiferously. Now we are working on our living room/entry way... which has 10-12' ceilings... difficult? Yes. Can we do it? Yes! {probably}. I'll let you know how it goes!


Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in. - Robert Frost

*all photos by me (or Mr. P)

1 comment:

Lucy Vaserfirer said...

I wish the pros did that good a job on our house! But alas, we don't have a single straight line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails