July 3, 2009

Carbon Footprint: Reduced

Mr. P and I made a big purchase today.In purchasing our new home, we are moving waaayyyy off any bus route, and since we are sharing a car (a trusty Honda Civic that gets wonderful mpgs), we decided that we'd become bike commuters. In the next week or 2 I'll be riding to work every day to get myself ready for the 7 mile (each way) hike to and from work that I'll have after the big move. Con- its really hot where we live. Pro- who needs to work out again after you've biked 14 miles? Con- people here appear to see targets on the backs of bikers. Pro- we are now even more environmentally friendly! We'll see how it goes- don't worry, you'll get updates!

The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine. - John Howard


*photo by me

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails