July 30, 2009

In the jungle...


It had been several weeks since our lawn had met a mower. I'm fairly certain that several large mammals took up residence in the thickets of buffalo grass, but I somehow managed to chase them out long enough to mow the lawn.


Of course, on Saturday we went out and bought a mower, but it wasn't until yesterday that Mr. Pony and I were able to take her for a test drive. After battling with the mower for about 30 minutes, I had to admit defeat- my miniature length arms simply weren't up to the job of pulling the cord to get the engine primed {that needs to be done on mowers? Huh.} and so I waited for Mr. P to return from class, and with his entirely manly (or simply his taller-than-me aide), we got it running and off I went. The mowing... meh, not my favorite (and I look like a lobster because I thought it would be fabulous to do it in my sports bra), but the results finally remove us from the 'those people' list on our block and we can hold our heads high once more. But this time, our chins aren't up to see over the damn grass!

Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it. - Anonymous

*photos by me

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails