June 7, 2009

*pant* I may be a tad out of shape *wheez*

I was once very dedicated to working out- I'd run at least 3 times a week and 2+ times a week I'd go to a workout class with my trusty roommate or I'd do a workout video at home. Then I graduated. Once you start working and are in the real world, finding the time/inclination to work out can sometimes be difficult, as I've found. Well, following our nuptials, Mr. P and I have decided that we need to start exercising again. So of course, yesterday at 7pm I chose to go running and it nearly killed me. If I ever need to really do myself in, all I need do is go running at noon and the weather here in Central Nowhere will surely knock me out!

Physical fitness is a life long battle for those who adore chocolate, ice cream, sugar and anything deliciously sweet. So *tada* new goal! I'm hoping to get myself ready to run a 5K by the end of September of this year. That gives me close to 4 months to get my hiney in shape. My plan is to find a training schedule online that will help me work towards my new goal in a realistic manner- I already do 2.2 miles in about 21 minutes, but having a plan makes things run more smoothly!

I like having goals, and while this one may be a small thing, it gives me a sense of purpose that has been missing lately (not counting wedding related endeavors). Now will I keep up with this plan? I really hope so- I'm trying to find 5K runs in the area so that I can go ahead and sign up for one- if I've put money down, I'm enough of a tightwad to know that I will do it! Now I must move on to googling for area runs- huzzah!

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. - Japanese Proverb

*Photo from Forbidden Lies's flicker photo stream

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails